Wednesday, April 21, 2010

St. Lucia & Antigua: Home

As many of you know I recently was blessed with the opportunity to visit the Caribbean for two weeks.  The plan was to arrive in St Lucia on March 31 and stay until April 13.  Arriving at the airport that morning I received the surprise of a lifetime from my loving husband Jonathan.  As we rushed into the airport as we always do heading to the Delta ticket counter Jonathan stops and takes both of my hands and looks me in the eye.  I though oh no we have forgotten something or perhaps we had the wrong day of departure.  As a million things swirled around in my head I could only hold my breath and wait... Jonathan began to grin and told me he loved me and told me he had a surprise for me.  There was a change in plans and instead of going to St. Lucia for two weeks we would be visiting the island in which we were married Antigua for the first of the two then onto St. Lucia.  I was so touched at his thoughtfulness and whimsical romantic surprise.  I could not fight tears and threw my arms around him thanking him and telling him how much this meant to me.  We strolled to the ticket counter and checked baggage and then retreated to the Sky Lounge for breakfast and mimosas to celebrate.